“Breaking Bad” is a popular television show that has meth use as a throughline. In life, that’s a devastating plot, and one in which our guest today, Dwayne Clemens, a substance abuse counselor for the County of Los Angeles, has known all too well. He joins LACDMH Public Affairs Director Kathleen Piche’ in our studio to talk about his roller coaster ride to sobriety and the surprising “big thing” that really helped him along the way! Are you getting enough sleep? At this time of year, chances are that you’re not. Why? And more important, what can you do? Returning champion Dr. David Pating joins us along with Dr. Deborah Lee to help Jen put us to sleep…in a good way! What is the best way to get that rest? Why is it so important? Find out on our Prop. 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment!
Download this episode
If you liked this, you may like...
- On The Road At The Inaugural Stigma Reduction Conference In San Francisco with Dr. Patrick Corrigan Who Talks Anti-Stigma Research and Strategies. Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine Kaiser Permanente San Francisco, and Dr. Deborah Lee, Consulting Psychologist Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission Talk About Anger with Jennifer Whitney.
- Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco Joins Jennifer Whitney on our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment To Discuss “Mindfulness” and “Spirituality. Dr. Marvin Southard, Director LA County DMH and Dr. Ron Manderscheid talk “Bridge to Health Reform”
- Mariel Hemingway Is An Inspiration! She Shares Her Story Of “Hope, Wellness, and Recovery” Participating In Prop. 63 Supported “Profiles of Hope” From Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. Internet Addiction? Find Out Some Surprising Facts with Dr. David Pating As He Joins Jennifer Whitney On Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment.
- Dr. Kelly Greco, Psychologist at USC joins us to talk about campus mental health and “Trojans helping Trojans. Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine Kaiser Permanente and MHSOAC Commissioner joins fellow MHSOAC Commissioner and San Francisco MHA Exec. Director Eduardo Vega in the Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action segment with Jennifer Whitney.
- Dr. David Pating, Kaiser Permanente Chief Addiction Medicine and MHSOAC Commissioner joins Jennifer Whitney on the Free Your Mind Projects Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Show!