Bobby has the will…and Mariel shows the way! What are we talking about? Find out this week as former Academy Award nominee, author, and all around inspiration Mariel Hemingway joins former Olympic wrestler, author and host of an upcoming television show to discuss healthful lifestyle tips, the importance of “living like a child”, their backgrounds which brought them to this point, and their sense of community. Speaking of communities, Dr. Rocco Cheng of Pacific Clinics joins us to discuss his research into creating culturally competent, successful innovation and Prevention and Early Intervention programs and strategies for the Asian Pacific Islander communities in California. Here are resources to check out from our show:
Check out Mariel and Bobby’s ‘Willing Way” and keep an eye out for their book which should be here in time for the Holidays! www.thewillingway.com
Mariel is walking for suicide prevention in Los Angeles (Culver City) in October. Will you join her? www.afsp.org
For more information on Pacific Clinics: www.pacificclinics.org
Download this episode
If you liked this, you may like...
- Mariel Hemingway and Bobby Williams Are Running, Running, Running…and Helping People!
- Mariel Hemingway Is An Inspiration! She Shares Her Story Of “Hope, Wellness, and Recovery” Participating In Prop. 63 Supported “Profiles of Hope” From Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. Internet Addiction? Find Out Some Surprising Facts with Dr. David Pating As He Joins Jennifer Whitney On Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment.
- Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot? No! It’s An End Of Year Thank You And Compilation Show!
- Dr. Lynn Goodloe, A Co-Founder Of NAMI Urban Los Angeles, and Harold Turner, Outreach Director of NAMI Urban Los Angeles Talk About Services and Stigma In The Communities They Serve. Rocco Cheng, Pacific Clinics, And Research Director For Cultural Competency For Proposition 63 Funding Talks About The Importance Of Cultural Competence In Outreach and Prevention and Early Intervention.
- Helena Ditko, Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Office of Family Engagement Talks About An Innovative “Cognitive Enhancement Therapy” Pilot Program. Ever Wonder What It Would Be Like To Jump Off Of The Golden Gate Bridge and Survive? Kevin Hines Joins Jennifer Whitney On Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment!