Former Congressman Patrick Kennedy was an author of the Mental Health Parity Act, signed into law in 2008. Now, the work is to make sure it is implemented correctly. Parity Implementation Coalition is staging Mental Health Parity Act field hearings across the country to educate the public. Patrick Kennedy who has joined the Free Your Mind Projects Show on other occasions, joins us to explain the act and why it’s important and what needs to be done. Michele Nealon-Woods, President of the Chicago School of Psychology, host of the hearing in Los Angeles, joins us to talk about their dedication to the education about mental health for their student as well as a commitment to community. Speaking of commitment, a former MHSOAC commissioner, Darlene Prettyman joins Jennifer Whitney to talk about the importance of the Prop. 63 funding, and she does so by sharing some very personal stories of her own as a family member who remains committed and dedicated to helping others achieve a path to Hope, Wellness, Recovery and Resilience!
Download this episode
If you liked this, you may like...
- Happy New Year! Check Out Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment with Jennifer Whitney’s Top 10 Resolutions. We Also Look Back To Look Forward With Important Interviews About Mental Health Care and Mindfulness.
- General Peter Chiarelli, Former Vice Chief of Staff of the US Army, now CEO of OneMind4Research joins us to discuss their mission, and MHA San Francisco Executive Director Eduardo Vega joins Jennifer in the Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment to discuss pathways to recovery and his story about “Pole 69″ on the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Christopher Kennedy Lawford…Actor, Attorney, Advocate, and Author of a Great New Book Called “Recover To Live: Kick Any Habit Manage Any Addiction” Joins Us To Talk About His Self Treatment Guide to Alcohol, Drugs, Eating Disorders, Gambling, Hoarding, Smoking, Sex and Porn and Why He Wrote the Book. Amanda Lipp Shares Her Journey to Hope, Wellness, Recovery and Resilience On Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment with Jennifer Whitney.
- 10 year plan to cure Mental Illness
- Claire Merrill, From The Client Run Center of The San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. Joins Us To Talk Recovery! Marcia Rose, Founder of Bipolar Insights Joins Jennifer Whitney To Give Us Insight Into Education!