We’ve highlighted various leaders, inspirational people, celebrities, and great organizations making a difference. This week, in our spotlight, Wendy is joined by Tom Hanks and Glenn Close talking about www.1mind4research.org and www.bringchange2mind. On the heels of Memorial Day, we thought that these resources are a great reminder of organizations which are putting our military personnel’s mental health, front and center for research and anti-stigma campaigns. BringChange2Mind also just launched a new PSA featuring the Close family! Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco, joins Jennifer to talk about a few very important issues: substance abuse and healthcare reform, specifically, how it affects mental health. A very important Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action segment in understanding the future of healthcare reform and how it affects you in California.
Download this episode
If you liked this, you may like...
- Tom Hanks, Glenn Close and Free Your Mind Project’s Host Wendy, have “ONE MIND… for Research” on the Red Carpet at the Circle of Hope Gala to benefit One Mind For Research. Lynn Padlow joins Jennifer Whitney on the Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment with a very personal story that gives others hope.
- Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine Kaiser Permanente, San Francisco Joins Jennifer Whitney on our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment To Discuss “Mindfulness” and “Spirituality. Dr. Marvin Southard, Director LA County DMH and Dr. Ron Manderscheid talk “Bridge to Health Reform”
- On The Road At The Inaugural Stigma Reduction Conference In San Francisco with Dr. Patrick Corrigan Who Talks Anti-Stigma Research and Strategies. Dr. David Pating, Chief Addiction Medicine Kaiser Permanente San Francisco, and Dr. Deborah Lee, Consulting Psychologist Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission Talk About Anger with Jennifer Whitney.
- Mariel Hemingway Is An Inspiration! She Shares Her Story Of “Hope, Wellness, and Recovery” Participating In Prop. 63 Supported “Profiles of Hope” From Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. Internet Addiction? Find Out Some Surprising Facts with Dr. David Pating As He Joins Jennifer Whitney On Our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment.
- Joe Mantegna and CBS-2/KCAL-9 VP/GM Steve Mauldin Are Honored for Their Tireless Efforts To Promote Autism Awareness For the Autism Care and Treatment Organization: Act-Today. Dr. David Pating, Chief of Addiction Medicine at Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Joins Jennifer Whitney on our Proposition 63 Mental Health Services Action Segment To Get You Ready For The Holidays!